No number can capture the impact that a Court Appointed Special Advocate can have on the life of a child in foster care, but by any measure, CASA/Prince George’s County, a 2019 Many Hands Partner Grant recipient, has had a big year.
So far in 2019, thanks to the organization’s efforts:
- 205 children and youth have received CASA services
- 57 new volunteers have completed pre-service training
- 185 volunteers have advocated for children’s best interest
- 91% of CASA’s recommendations have been accepted by the court, resulting in CASA children receiving more services
- 100% of youth with a CASA who stayed in foster care until they turned 21 were stably housed when their cases closed
In addition, this year CASA created a new Job Readiness Initiative aimed at helping older youth secure sustainable employment, funded in part by a Many Hands grant.
To help support their work, join CASA/Prince George’s County for Purple Line’s World of Wheels for CASA on Saturday, October 19, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in Hyattsville! Volunteers are needed to help host carnival games, manage concessions, do face painting, and more. To sign up, click here or contact Montré Dupree for more information. SSL hours are available for high school students.