Many Hands supports local nonprofits that serve women, children, and families in socioeconomic need through programs in the areas of economic empowerment, education, health, and housing.
The Economic Empowerment Committee seeks to fund organizations that work to improve the economic security and financial well-being of women, youth (ages 14-25), and families in the areas of:
- Job readiness
- College/post-secondary success
- Financial literacy
- Adult literacy
- English language proficiency
- Eliminating barriers to work (including legal, transportation, and childcare)
The Education Committee seeks to fund organizations that work to improve educational opportunities and outcomes for children and families in the areas of:
- Early childhood education and development
- School readiness
- K-12 education
- Academic support and enrichment (including tutoring, mentoring, arts, and after-school or out-of-school time programs)
The Health Committee seeks to fund organizations that work to improve health and safety outcomes for women, children, youth, and families in the areas of:
- Healthcare access
- Healthcare services and treatment
- Mental health and emotional support
- Substance abuse treatment/prevention (including family supports)
- Public safety (including domestic and community violence prevention)
- Hunger and food security
The Housing Committee seeks to fund organizations working to support women, youth, and families facing homelessness or housing instability in the areas of:
- Homelessness prevention, including emergency rental or utility assistance
- Emergency, temporary, and transitional housing and shelters
- Permanent or semi-permanent housing
- Housing with wraparound services
- Homeownership services
We make grants to support women, children, and families in socioeconomic need.
100% of required membership contributions go to our grantees.
Members drive the grantmaking process in our all-volunteer model.